Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiny Living

Yes ... I admit it ... I was surfin' the web looking for something to buy, and found this. No, no one sent it to me with a raving email to check it out, or that it's cool cool cool. This one is on my own.

Created in response to New York City’s cramped living conditions, tiny living is a store that aims to provide solutions for small spaces. The founders, a husband and wife team, spent many years living in cramped NYC apartments (one, a studio that measured a mere 200 sq. ft.!), and created tiny living to offer their smart findings of cleverly designed, affordable items that are small in scale, multi-purpose, flexible and/or organizational. Since opening in July 2005, tiny living received an overwhelming response, not only from NYC dwellers but from across the globe. It turns out their goods are suitable for anyone who wants to maximize their living space!

If I live in New York, this is probably where I'd do my online shopping. Beautiful little site = beautiful little home? One hopes, I'd think only gazillionaire ex-pals of Madoff or the fat cats of corporate America probably don't have to worry about a tiny little NYC home. But I would. So here's the scoop on this site. It's a shopping site. You browse it, and hopefully find cool things to make your small (they would even work in a not-so-small) home comfortable. Go see.

Love your small space.

p.s. - I'm looking for a magazine holder - the kind that folds up, looks like an X, stays on the floor. Let me know if you come across anything interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment