Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wolfgang's Vault

Sounds a little creepy, huh ... yup, I thought so too, especially when one of my chain-letter addicted friends sent it to me ... so, with an entry begging to be made, I sucked in my belly (it wasn't difficult), held my breath (part of the belly-sucking thing), clenched my teeth, and opened the link.

Cool link. Veddy veddy cool. Wolfgang’s Vault is where live music lives, that's the spiel, and so, I checked it out for truth, and yes, Jimi's 1968 live concert at Winterland is up for the listenin'. I guess it's where all the Bill Graham Archives, the King Biscuit Flower Hour, and the Record Plant (among a dozen other archives) are stored, and the good soul that Wolfgang is, allows you to relive all your cherished (and some that never were) rock moments again. Within the Concert Vault are thousands of carefully restored, legendary concert recordings of the past and the present, yours to stream for free, with hundreds available for download. Concert Vault is also available as a free app on iPhone. Taking the musical fandom experience even further, you can read record reviews and in-depth articles about the greatest performers of yesterday and today in the almighty Crawdaddy!, in its second year as an online webzine. Concert tour info for your favorite performeris available on the site's very own comprehensive show listings site, Mojam.

Since when did rockers become philanthropists? They're not here, and it's okay. The $$ aspect comes with the encouragement to peruse Wolfgang’s Vault to consider and purchase the greatest collection of concert posters, rock photography, vintage t-shirts, retro t-shirts, and treasure trove of extraordinary concert related memorabilia. Okay, NP (no problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment